TITLE: Education Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Dir. Of Operations
Description Category: Part-Time Sr. Youth Development Position
Job Description: To take responsibility for oversight of the implementation of various education and computer activities for Club members including teens and assisting with the planning, preparing and delivering academic support. Participate in field trip planning and attending with group as directed by supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on the children at all times including safety and adherence to BGC Family Center Behavior Expectations. Welcome and get to know the Club children, parents and guardians. Ensure their enjoyment. Assist team with the care for and encouragement of children and integrating unhappy children with activities.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of children. Be fully aware of Health and Safety policies and inform the Director of any contravention of policy. Ensure the YDP staff makes children in their group aware of all risks and relevant safety policies. Become aware of BGCA regulations and program requirements.
- Assist YDP ‘s, Work Study and evening volunteer and/or staff with planning , preparing and delivering quality, fun program of activities, integrating your own ideas and utilizing those materials available on BGCA site. Prepare in advance for each session ensuring there are enough resources available. Encourage teamwork.
- Collect and complete all documentation requirements from YDP staff as assigned.
- Ensure the safe and effective use of venue facilities and equipment. Respect the venue facilities and ensure they are treated with care and left clean and tidy at the end of each day. Check the equipment and resources daily to prevent loss of equipment and identify damaged items. When leaving an area, make sure all items are returned properly and areas are cleaned. Maintain and record details of stock replenishment required, and report directly to the Program Director.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, embrace teamwork and participate and complete all required trainings.
- Assist with general programming. Attend all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Actively participate in monthly coaching/supervision sessions with reporting supervisor
- All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Build relationships with schools and perform school visits
- Build relationships with parents/guardians and perform home visits
- Administer curriculum to program participants-Power Hour. Teen Program Homework Help
- Organize outings
- Act as a tutor, mentor and liaison
- Complete all documentation requirements including enrollment, data collection and reports
- Supervise program participants at all times during program hours
- Program promotion and recruitment
- Planning and implementation of field trips, special events and guest speakers
JOB REQUIREMENTS: A high school diploma. Minimum of six months experience working with youth population. Ability to pass a CORI check. Valid driver’s license and good driving record, 7D license preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demand: minimal.
Mental/visual demand: Flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention at all times.
Contact: Please come in and fill out an application and drop off resume:
Human Resources Department
Boys & Girls Club Family Center, Inc.
100 Acorn Street
Springfield, MA 01109
F – 413.739.4744