TITLE: Youth Development Professional
REPORTS TO: Program Director
Description Category: Seasonal
Pay Rate: $12.00
Job Description: To take responsibility for oversight of the implementation of various arts and crafts, gym, game room, and computer activities for group of age-specific children, and assisting with the planning, preparing and delivering activities. Participate in field trip planning and attending with group as directed by supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on the children at all times including safety and adherence to BGC Family Center Behavior Expectations. Welcome and get to know the Club children, parents and guardians. Ensure their enjoyment. Assist team with the care for and encouragement of children and integrating unhappy children with activities.
- Ensure the Health and Safety of children. Be fully aware of Health and Safety policies and inform the Director of any contravention of policy. Ensure the YDP staff makes children in their group aware of all risks and relevant safety policies. Become aware of EEC regulations and requirements.
- Participate in planning , preparing and delivering quality, fun program of activities, integrating your own ideas and utilizing those materials available on BGCA site. Prepare in advance for each session ensuring there are enough resources available. Encourage teamwork.
- Collect and complete all documentation requirements from YDP staff as assigned.
- Ensure the safe and effective use of venue facilities and equipment. Respect the venue facilities and ensure they are treated with care and left clean and tidy at the end of each day. Check the equipment and resources daily to prevent loss of equipment and identify damaged items. When leaving an area, make sure all items are returned properly and areas are cleaned. Maintain and record details of stock replenishment required, and report directly to the Site Program Director.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, embrace teamwork and participate and complete all required trainings.
- Assist with general programming. Attend all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Actively participate in monthly coaching/supervision sessions with reporting supervisor
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be eighteen years or older. A high school diploma. Minimum of six months experience working with youth population. Should be familiar with the Boys & Gils Club of America Mission. Ability to pass a CORI check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demand: minimal.
Mental/visual demand: Flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention at all times.
Contact: Please come in and fill out an application and drop off resume
Nyasia Dubois, Human Resources Department
Boys & Girls Club Family Center, Inc.
100 Acorn Street
Springfield, MA 01109
P- 413.739.4743 ext 210
F – 413.739.4744